GREENLIGHT DOES NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AND IS NOT A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. IT IS UP TO THE THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, DRIVER OR VEHICLE OPERATOR TO OFFER TRANSPORTATION SERVICES WHICH MAY BE SCHEDULED THROUGH USE OF THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES. WE OFFER INFORMATION AND A METHOD TO OBTAIN SUCH THIRD PARTY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES, BUT DO NOT AND DO NOT INTEND TO PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES OR ACT IN ANY WAY AS A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SEPARATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY TO THE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES YOU BOOK.
- USERS. You may simply browse the Services, or you may register withGreenlightand create an account (“Account“). You must have an Account to order Transportation Services. If we believe or suspect that any information you provide us is not true, accurate, current or complete, we may deny or terminate your access to the Services (or any portion thereof). Visitors agree not to attempt to access Member areas of the Services.
- PRICINGAND PAYMENT.Although we do not provide Transportation Services, we permit you to pay for any Transportation Services through our Services. By submitting your payment information to us, you authorize us to charge the applicable payment method at our convenience but within thirty (30) days of your request. You agree that when you use the Services to request or pay for a ride that any amounts charged following a ride are mandatory and due and payable immediately not later than upon completion of the ride. Charges may include applicable fees, fares, tolls, surcharges, and taxes, plus any tips to the Transportation Provider you elect to pay. Greenlight has the authority and reserves the right to determine and modify pricing by posting applicable charges on the Services. You are responsible for all charges incurred under your Account regardless of your awareness of such charges or the amounts thereof. You represent that you will not use any credit card or other form of payment unless you have all necessary authorization to do so. We may seek authorization of your credit card to validate your ability to pay the applicable charges at the time that you initiate a request for Services. The authorization is not a charge, however, the authorization may reduce your available credit by the authorization amount until your bank’s next processing cycle.
- 5. CANCELLATIONS OR NO-SHOWS. Any cancellations or no-shows will be governed by our policies and/or the applicable Transportation Provider’s policies. Please read any applicable rules and policies on the Services or the Transportation Provider’s website. The Transportation Providers’ policies and associated fees may vary by Transportation Provider. Without limiting the foregoing, Greenlight also reserves the right to charge you cancellation fees and/or no-show fees. Depending on the Transportation Services requested and the circumstances of the cancellation or no-show, such fees range from a flat-fee to the full quoted fare. You hereby authorize any such charges and fees.
- 6. MOBILE SERVICES.
- By accessing and using the Services you acknowledge and agree that you may receive certain communications from the Services (such as SMS, text messages, emails, or other electronic communications means, collectively “Mobile Communications”). Please note that by accessing and using the Services, or by using certain mobile or Site features, such as receiving or sending Mobile Communications via your mobile device, you may incur fees from the provider or carrier of the mobile services that you use (“Carrier”) and you are solely responsible for the payment of such fees.
- When you use the Services, we may also collect location information from the GPS functionality on your device. You hereby authorize us and the Services to take such actions and access such data. You can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your GPS information by changing the settings on your device. You hereby authorize the Application to access such components of your mobile device. If you choose to include in your Content information about your actual location (including location-related information provided by your Carrier or applications), you acknowledge and agree that (a) such information will be made available to Transportation Providers when you request Transportation Services; and (b) Greenlight merely makes this information available upon your request and is not responsible for the correctness of such information and any use of such information by third parties, including Transportation Providers.
- If you request to receive updates or other information by mobile phone or text message, you consent to receiving text messages from us and our otherwise communicating with you via your mobile device. We do not charge for this service. However, your carrier’s standard messaging, data and other rates and fees still may apply to any messages you send, our confirmations and all subsequent SMS correspondence and/or transmissions. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. At any time, you may text STOP to cancel or HELP for customer support information. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service operator.
- To improve the experience associated with the Services, Greenlight has integrated with or partnered with specific partner mobile applications. Certain features of the Services require access to partner applications on your mobile device. When you install our Application, you hereby authorize our Application to access other components on your device to determine whether specific partner applications have been installed on your mobile device. The Application will then transmit that information back to our servers. BY INSTALLING OUR APPLICATION, YOU CONSENT TO SUCH COLLECTION AND TRANSMISSION.
- Maps. Certain features of the Services require access to and use of your device’s maps features or other third party maps. Although you may decide whether or not to use these features, any use of those features will be subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such maps and application. By using the Services, and depending on your device’s operating system, you may also agree to the GoogleMaps end-user terms located athttp://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/help/terms_local.html (as may be changed from time to time by Google). It is your sole responsibility to review the terms and conditions that apply to Google Maps before using it; this Agreement does not apply to any activities conducted via the Google Maps site. Likewise, by using Services, you may also agree to the Apple end-user terms located at http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/ (as may be changed from time to time by Apple). It is your sole responsibility to review the terms and conditions that apply to Apple mobile devices before using it.
- 8. MOBILE APPLICATION.
- You acknowledge that the App Store has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
- In the event of any failure of the App Store Sourced Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Store, and the App Store will be responsible for refunding the purchase price for the App Store Sourced Application to you and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Store will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application. As between Greenlight and the App Store, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Greenlight.
- You and Greenlight acknowledge that, as between Greenlight and the App Store, the App Store is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App Store Sourced Application or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Certain software code incorporated into or distributed with the Application may be licensed by third parties under various “open-source” or “public-source” software licenses (such as the GNU General Public License, the GNU Lesser General Public License, the Apache License, the Berkeley Software Distribution License, and the Sun Public License) (collectively, the “Open Source Software”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the Open Source Software is not licensed under Section8(a) and instead is separately licensed pursuant to the terms and conditions of their respective open-source software licenses. You agree to comply with the terms and conditions of such open-source software license agreements.
- 9. RULES REGARDING INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENT. When you access the Services, you obtain access to various kinds of information and materials, all of which we call “Content”. You are entirely responsible for each individual item of Content that you post, publish, submit or make available through the Services, and, as between you and us, you retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in the Content you post. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, fullysublicenseable, worldwide license, under any and all of your copyright and other intellectual property rights related to that Content. You agree that any such Content or any derivative works thereof, except for any personally identifiable information you submit in regards to your Account or an Booking, may be disseminated, distributed, publicly displayed, reproduced, used, sublicensed, posted, or published by us, and searched, displayed, printed or otherwise used or exploited by our customers. To the extent you include personally identifiable information in forums on the Site, we will not be liable for such disclosure. We do not grant you any rights in any Content available on the Site or the Services (other than your own submitted Content), except to use any such Content for your personal and non-commercial use.
You agree not to revise Content posted by others, and you represent and warrant that you will not post or use any Content in any manner that:
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
- Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Is false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time;
- Is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Discloses or provides information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others;
- Misrepresents your identity in any way;
- Contains any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Advocates or encourages any illegal activity; or
- Has the potential to create liability for us or cause us to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of our Internet service providers or other suppliers.
- 10. GENERAL RULES OF USER CONDUCT. It is our goal to make access to our Services a good experience for all of our users. You agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, your use of the Services, or access to the Services for any purposes other than for which the Services are being provided to you, or do any of the following:
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Services;
- Upload, distribute or print anything that may be harmful to minors;
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Services, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site or Services;
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Services to which you do not possess access rights;
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
- Use the Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Use the Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape,” monitor, “mine,” or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
You must provide all equipment and software necessary to connect to the Services, including but not limited to, a mobile device that is suitable to connect with and use the Services, in cases where the Services offer a mobile component. You are solely responsible for any fees, including Internet connection or mobile fees, that you incur when accessing the Services.
- 11. FEEDBACK. In the event that you provide us any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to the Services (collectively “Feedback”), you agree we may use the Feedback to modify our Services and that you will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates your Feedback. You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether you provide the Feedback through the Services or through any other method of communication with us, unless we have entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
- 12. MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICES. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Services with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Services. Continued access to the Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion.If you want to terminate any Services, you may do so by (a) notifying us at any time and (b) deleting the Application from your mobile device and closing your Account for all of the Services that you use. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to our address set forth below. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT WILL IN NO WAY MODIFY, CHANGE OR VOID ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS YOU MAY HAVE INCURRED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES, WHETHER SUCH OBLIGATION IS TO US OR A THIRD PARTY.
- 15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THIS SERVICES AND ALL CONTENT INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY GREENLIGHT “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. GREENLIGHT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH, THIS SITE, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND ACCURACY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- 16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, OR FOR ANY ISSUE RELATED TO TRANSPORTATION SERVICES. THE TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS OF GREENLIGHT AND NOT AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES OF GREENLIGHT. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM. WE HAVE NO LIABILITY AND WILL MAKE NO REFUND IN THE EVENT OF ANY DELAY, CANCELLATION, OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND OUR DIRECT CONTROL, INCLUDING THE ACTS OF TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS, AND WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSE, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, RE-ROUTING OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN AGGREGATE, TO THE GREATER OF (I) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES WE RECEIVE FROM YOUR BOOKINGS IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO OUR LIABILITY AND (II) TEN DOLLARS (U.S. $10.00).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances WILL WE or our licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, OR non-performance of third parties. Greenlight shall not be liable for circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to weather, road conditions and breakdowns. Greenlight assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged baggage, personal belongings, or any items left in a vehicle. Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
- 18. RELEASE. You hereby release Greenlight, its officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from (i) your use of the Services, or (ii) your purchase or use of any Transportation Services. You understand that Greenlight does not currently conduct criminal background checks on its Transportation Providers. Greenlight makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Transportation Providers.
- 19. COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Services can be reached by mail at: Copyright Agent, ______________________________ or by email at _______________________.
- 22. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE.
- Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration, and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Greenlight may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction. Please note that the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located may be different from Wisconsin law, including the laws governing what can legally be sold, bought, exported, offered or imported. You shall always comply with all the international and domestic laws, ordinances, regulations and statutes that are applicable to your use of the Services or Transportation Services.
- c. The arbitral proceedings, and all pleadings and written evidence will be in the English language. Any written evidence originally in a language other than English will be submitted in English translation accompanied by the original or true copy thereof. The English language version will control. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator will not have authority to award damages in excess of the amount, or other than the types, allowed by these Judgment on the award of the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator also shall be authorized to grant any temporary, preliminary or permanent equitable remedy or relief it deems just and equitable and within the scope of the Terms, including, without limitation, an injunction or order for specific performance. The arbitration award shall be final and binding upon the parties without appeal or review except as permitted by Wisconsin law or United States federal law.
- d. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret shall not be subject to this arbitration agreement. Such claims shall be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located inDane County, Wisconsin. Additionally, notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before the state or federal courts located inDane County, Wisconsin, in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration, and hereby agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Dane County, Wisconsin for such purpose. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
- e. With the exception of (b)above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, if (b) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither you nor the Company shall be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason, a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute shall be exclusively brought in state or federal court in Dane County, Wisconsin. By using the Services in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration provision.
- f. For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at ADR.org.