Zerology Membership – How to Start
- Download the mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Submit your account and payment information.
- We’ll verify your driver’s license and driving record.
- Once approved, Zerology will notify you by email. If you haven’t received approval within 5 business days, please contact customer care.
- Once you receive membership approval, you can book ZeroCars via the App Store or Google Play.
Eligibility Requirements – Before you apply for membership, review the below eligibility requirements to become a member of our car sharing community.
- You possess a valid driver’s license which is not modified, suspended, revoked, or restricted (except for corrective lens) and will present it to Zerology upon reasonable request for proof. The driver’s license must be valid for the entire rental period. If you possess a non-US driver’s license it must be valid in the state in which you reside. You will be required to verify that you are the person included on the driver’s license by providing a selfie image of your face from your mobile device;
- You do not have a current outstanding balance with Zerology;
- You have not been involved in (i) any single accident (regardless of fault) while driving a Vehicle, resulting in damages to the Vehicle or any other vehicle amounting to more than $5,000; or (ii) three (3) accidents (regardless of fault) involving a Vehicle within a twelve (12) month period;
- You are at least 21 years of age; and
- You have not been involved in more than two moving violations and/or vehicle accidents; or convicted in the last five (5) years of the following violations:
- driving while driver’s license is restricted, suspended, revoked, or denied;
- vehicular manslaughter, negligent homicide, felonious driving, or felony with a vehicle; Operating a vehicle while impaired, under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, or refusing a sobriety test;
- failure to stop or identify after a crash (includes leaving the scene of a crash, hit and run, and giving false information to an officer);
- eluding or attempting to elude a law enforcement officer;
- traffic violations resulting in death or serious injury; or
- any other significant violation warranting restriction or suspension of license.
- You are otherwise eligible under and will comply with all laws and regulations, including any export controls, economic sanctions, or other related laws and regulations, in relation to your participation in Zerology Services;
- You understand and agree that, if Zerology receives notifications by prosecution authorities of violations of laws, regulations, or rules, including traffic rules, allegedly committed with a Vehicle, Zerology will be entitled to provide your complete and accurate data to the respective prosecution authorities.
- You consent to and authorize Zerology, to the extent permitted by law, to perform or have performed periodic background checks of you and of your driving history and/or driving record. You have reviewed and understand the information, statements, and notices in the Rental Agreement; and
- We reserve the right to suspend or remove you from Zerology Services at our sole discretion, including but not limited to our discovery of your non-compliance with the foregoing eligibility requirements.
Joining A Partner Organization
Some organizations and businesses have established partnerships with Zerology where you can be a member on their account or receive a discount on your own account. Ask your employer or apartment residential complex for details.