Last updated July 25, 2019
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Zerology (“Company,” we,” “us,” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us.
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us via forms on our website such as email address, name, phone number, organization name. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when subscribing to our newsletters or expressing an interest in obtaining more information about us or our services.
The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and our Services, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data
We collect a name you provide, email address and phone number.
If you choose, we collect your organization name and a message you submit to us.
All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any errors or changes to personal information.
Information automatically collected.
In short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected when you visit our Site.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit or use our Site. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs or other traffic source, device name, country, location and other technical information. We use this information to improve the Site you see, make your options more relevant, and gather general data about who is coming to our website through marketing or other outreach channels.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
How do we use your information?
In short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected for a variety of purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect/you provide:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use personal information you provide us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes and legal and contractual reasons.
- To respond to legal requests and to prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To respond to user inquiries and/or offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes such as: data analysis, identifying usage trends, usability analysis, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing and your experience.
We may store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include:
- Processing payments
- Analyzing data
- Delivering email
- Hosting services
- Customer service and support
We may allow select third parties to use tracking technology on the services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to (among other things) analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for any reason.
- Business Transfers. We may share of transfer your information in connection to, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
How long do we keep your information?
In short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, and for no other reason, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this policy will require us keeping your personal information for longer than one (1) year.
When we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example if your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. See below on how we keep your information safe and secure.
How do we keep your information safe?
In short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, transmission of personal information to and from any service (including ours) is done at your own risk. Only access the internet from a secure environment.
Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly or for any purpose collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit or accept data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 (21 for commercial drivers) or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
What are your privacy rights?
In short: You may review, change or terminate at any time.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject them, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. For more information visit: http://www.aboutads.info/choices (NOTE: Zerology is in no way affiliated or partnered with aboutads.com and cannot guarantee its information or security).
Controls for do-not-track features
Do CA residents have specific privacy rights?
In short: If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are CA residents to request and obtain form us, once per year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to use using the contact information provide below.
Do we make updates to this policy?
In short: Yes, Zerology reserves the right to make changes to this policy at any time as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions about this policy you may email us at [email protected] or contact us by post:
8383 Greenway Blvd.
Middleton, WI 53562